About West Chester University
Enrolling more than 17,000 students, West Chester University is the largest member of the 14-institution Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Founded in 1871, the University is a comprehensive public institution offering 118 undergraduate programs, 103 master’s degree and 4 doctoral programs in more than 50 fields of study. In addition to the main campus in West Chester, the University offers programs through its graduate center, the Philadelphia campus, and online. Five colleges and two schools comprise the University: Colleges of Arts and Humanities, Business and Public Management, Education and Social Work, Health Sciences, and the Sciences and Mathematics, as well as the School of Music, and the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies. The University has consistently been rated a Kiplinger “best buy” in public higher education based on its outstanding education and economic value. WCU is located in the expanding suburban area of Chester County, Pennsylvania along Route 202, the Philadelphia Region’s high-tech corridor. It is easily accessible from downtown Philadelphia, Wilmington, Delaware and easily commutable from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The university enjoys the benefits of both the rich cultural life of a major city and the charm of a small, thriving county seat.
Applying to West Chester
Faculty and Staff Opportunities are posted on WCU’s online employment system, NeoGov.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
New Employee Resources
Welcome new employees! Visit our new employee orientation site to learn more about the University and to complete the needed forms for your first day of hire.
Affirmative Action Statement
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic plan, Building on Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- WCU offers excellent benefits coverage to eligible employees including medical, prescription, dental, vision, hearing, long-term disability, voluntary group life, state-paid life, deferred comp, and flexible spending. Learn More
- Tuition fee waiver waives WCU tuition cost for eligible employees and their dependents (spouse, dependent child or domestic partner).
- Generous paid leave time and holidays are offered to eligible WCU employees.
- PASSHE Academy offers webinars, teleseminars, and facilitator led programs for employees of the 14 PASSHE universities and the Office of the Chancellor. Learn More about PASSHE Academy
- WCU Employees have free access to the health science fitness center, to include free personal training and group fitness classes. The facility is equipped with a variety of cardio machines, free weights, upper and lower body machines, kettle bells, jump ropes, etc.
- Free software and application training is available on site for WCU employees.
- Discounts are available to WCU employees on many items such as computers, movie theater tickets, software for your home computer, anti-virus software, wireless services and cable services.
- SEAP is available to all WCU employees and their families and provides no-cost confidential, personal support for a wide range of issues, from everyday concerns to serious problems. Learn More
For more information on the University's crime statistics please contact Public Safety at 610-436-3311 or view the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (West Chester Campus) \ Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Center City Campus) .