The Curriculum and Academic Policies Council (CAPC), serves two curricular purposes:
- To develop, revise, and recommend academic creation of new, existing or elimination of existing academic programs sent by faculty.
- To develop, revise, and recommend academic policies.
These purposes are carried out in a legislative assembly (comprised of elected faculty, elected or appointed students and administration) that recommends to the Academic Vice President and Provost curricular and academic policy matters.
CAPC exists as a shared governance body, functioning under the authority of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the System, APSCUF, and the System Board of Governors.The
CAPC Executive Committee
The Executive Committee (CAPC Exec) is comprised of the following:
- Vice Chair
- Recording Secretary
- Chair of the Academic Review Committee
- Chair of the General Education Committee
- Chair of the Graduate Programs and Policies Committee
- Chair of the Undergraduate Policies Committee
- Chair of the Undergraduate Programs Committee (UGPC)
- The Council on Professional Education (CPE) Facilitator
- The University Registrar (ex-officio)
- Bylaws Proviso 2018
- CAPC Membership Structure 2016
- CAPC Representative Implementation Agreement 2016
- CAPC Class Size Recommendation
- Class Size Implementation Agreement
- Implementation Timelines
- Internship Guidelines