I Want to Talk to Someone

If you or someone you know may have experienced an incident of sexual misconduct, please know that help is available. Reaching out for support is a great step towards healing. There are resources available that are prepared to sensitively work with survivors.

If you’d like to speak with a confidential professional immediately please contact one of these 24/7 resources:

  • On-call psychologist may be accessed by contacting Public Safety (610-436-3311).
  • Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) [1-800-656-4673]
  • Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County (CVC) [610-692-7273]

Types of Campus Resources for students

When it comes to resources offered on campus, there are three types: Confidential and Privileged, Confidential, and Non-Confidential. Confidential and privileged resources will not report the incidents to the University. Confidential resources are resources that will not report identifiable information (names, exact location, etc.) and are required to report basic information to the University (nature, general location, and date). Non-Confidential resources are required to report incidents to the University.

While each resource has something different to offer survivors, it is important to keep in mind that there is no right or wrong choice. For further details about these resources and for other options please visit the Resources page.

Confidential and Privileged Resource

  • Counseling and Psychological Services [610-436-2301]
  • Community Mental Health Services [610-436-2510]

Confidential Resources

  • Student Health Services [610-436-2509]

Non-Confidential Resources

  • Title IX Coordinator [610-436-2433]

If you discuss an act of sexual misconduct with a University employee such as a resident assistant, professor, or a coach, they are required to report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator. The Title IX Coordinator will then reach out to you to make sure you have resources and support.

Back to top of page.