Ways to Support the Pantry
Thank you for your interest in supporting the WCU Resource Pantry. Charitable donations from community members and organizations is an integral part of the Pantry's ability to support student needs. You can help us achieve our mission by making a financial donation, hosting a food/item drive, or by making an individual donation of needed items.
REMINDER: Please make sure to reach out to us via phone (610)-436-2378 or email (email@example.com) prior to dropping off donations. We would love to make sure we can accomodate your items within our compact space.
Financial Contributions: Monetary donations are greatly appreciated because they allow us to purchase the items that we need the most when we need them.
- You can make a donation with the WCU Foundation. You can also mail a check to West Chester University Foundation, 202 Carter Drive, West Chester, PA 19382. Checks should be made out to WCU Foundation. In the memo line, please add Resource Pantry #2966-904.
- Food and Item Contributions:
- If you are interested in dropping off items to the Resource Pantry, please review our accepted items list below prior to donating. In-person donations are accepted during our hours of operation. You may also send items to our office via our Amazon Wish List (instructions are further below).
Please keep food donations in original packaging in case the expiration date is not printed on the individual items.
- Canned Goods (Vegetables, Fruit, Soup, Tuna, Chicken, Beans, etc.)
- Oil (canola/vegetable, olive, etc.)
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce
- Rice/grains (quinoa, lentils, etc.)
- Oatmeal, Cereal, and Breakfast items
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish, jelly, peanut butter, salad dressing, etc.)
- Snack items (crackers, nuts, raisins, applesauce, popcorn, etc.)
- Spreads and Spices
- Cookies and Candy
- Frozen Food
- Microwave Meals
All perishable food donations must be unopened, unexpired products. Please keep food donations in original packaging.
- Fresh Fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, etc.)
- Fresh Vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, etc.)
- Reusable shopping bags
- Body wash
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Laundry pods
- Dryer sheets
- Dish soap
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrushes/oral care
- Soap (bar and pump)
- Shaving lotion
- Loose Leaf Paper
- Pens, pencils, and highlighters
NOTICE!: We are not accepting clothing donations at this time.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: All donated clothing must be washed/dry cleaned, without stains, holes, or rips, gently used, and in recent fashion (2016 to present)
- Women's Dresses, Skirts, Blouses, and Suits
- Women's Shoes
- Women's purses and accessories
- Men's Suits and Dress Shirts
- Men's Shoes
- Men's accessories
- Bra and pant extenders
Amazon Wish List
The Resource Pantry has launched an Amazon Wish List. Now, you can order donations of our most-needed items online and have them shipped right to our front door!
- Visit the WCU Resource Pantry Wish List
- Select items from the list you wish to purchase and proceed to checkout.
- Select the "WCU Resource Pantry" shipping address.
- In the gift message box, please include the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your affiliation with WCU (i.e. friend, student, parent, faculty, staff)
- Your phone number
- Select your method of payment.
- Place your order.
On-campus student organizations, departments, and interested parties that are interested in sponsoring a donation drive for food or other items, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a donation drive.
Who can donate?
Community Members, Organizations, and any Campus Partners, clubs, organizations, or departments who would love to support West Chester University students.
What do you do with my donor information?
The Resource Pantry saves donor information and securely stores it within our database. This information is used to connect with donors who are interested in networking and volunteering, receiving updates on things happening within our pantry, and receiving tokens of our appreciation. Donor information is kept private and is not sold to other organizations or interested parties.
How do I put on an event for your cause?
You can always reach out to the Resource Pantry at email@example.com and discuss with us your ideas and vision for collaboration. We love working with individuals who are passionate about eradicating food and basic need insecurity!
What will my donation support?
Your donation will help to support West Chester University students in need. Physical donations go straight to the shelves of our Resource Pantry and monetary donations go towards helping the Resource Pantry replenish items that students need.
Become a Student Organization Sponsor
If you belong to a WCU student organization or sports team that is interested in supporting the Pantry, please consider becoming a Pantry sponsor. Student Organization Sponsors host regular fundraisers or item drives to benefit the Pantry. Student Organization Sponsors may select to host a fundraiser or drive once a year, once a semester, or monthly. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation to discuss which sponsorship option is right for your student organization.
Chester County Food Bank
The Chester Country Food Bank strives to educate and address the root causes of hunger
through nutrition and education programs and by working to strengthen community food
systems. Donations made to the Chester County Food Bank directly impact the success
of the WCU Resource Pantry, as a portion of the food given to students through the
Resource Pantry is donated by the Food Bank. The Chester County Food Bank is also
part of the WCU Resource Pantry Advisory Board.
Chester County Food Bank