María José Cabrera
- Assessment Coordinator
- Professor of Languages
- Ph.D., Rutgers University
- M.A., M.Ed., West Virginia University
- B.A., Universidad de Murcia, Spain
- Second Language Acquisition
- Curriculum Development
- Assessment & Language Proficiency
- Spanish Linguistics (Pro-drop parameter in Dominican Spanish)
- Acoustic Analysis
Classes Regularly Taught
- All language levels
- Spanish linguistics
- Co-editor, Camacho, J., Flores, N., Sánchez, L., Déprez, V., Cabrera, MJ. Romance Linguistics 2006: Selected papers from the 36th Linguistic Symposium on Romance
Languages (LSRL), (2007). Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
- 'Foreign Language Skills and the Use of Technology' (2009). The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society. Co-authored with Dr. Celia Esplugas.
- 'Quantitative, Notional, and Comprehensive Evaluations of Spontaneous Engaged Speech'
(2011). CALICO Journal, 29 (1). Co-authored with Dr. Garrett Molholt and Dr. Kumar.
- 'Human-Technology Interaction: Evaluations of Spontaneous Engaged Speech' (in press). The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society. Co-authored with Dr. Garrett Molholt.
- Associate Editor for The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society (in press).
- Member of the Review Board: Protagonistas, Vista
Read more Faculty Profiles