It’s Ok to be
Welcome to Exploratory Studies! The faculty and staff are pleased to have you in our program. Exploratory Studies provides opportunities for students to explore the myriad academic programs available at West Chester University before they commit to a specific major. In Exploratory Studies, we empower students to learn more about their interests, set realistic academic and life goals, gather information about academic disciplines, and carefully evaluate their options to make accurate and informed decisions about their major.
We are committed to the core principle of exploring for success! Our dedicated and experienced faculty advisors will guide you through this journey to become a successful learner. Students in Exploratory Studies find their right path and smoothly transition into their desired major of interest.
By the time you change your major and leave Exploratory Studies, you will be able to:
- Navigate the University
- Understand yourself better
- Articulate your goals and needs
- Participate in extra and co-curricular activities
- Take better advantage of all the resources on campus, and
- Recognize when you need help and ask for it - we'll help you find the right place to go for the answers you need
First Year Exploratory Studies Students
Schedule Summer Advising Meeting (Via Zoom)