There are various professional societies that focus on issues in computer ethics and the social implications of computing. This page provides links to those societies and to some of their publications and conferences.
The ACM and the IEEE Computer Society are the two biggest professional societies for computer professionals.
- The ACM'S SIGCAS
- The ACM has a collection of special interest groups (SIGs) that focus on particular areas within Computer Science. One of those SIGs is SIGCAS, the Special Interest Group on Computers and Society.
- THE IEEE SOCIETY FOR THE SOCIAL IMPLICATIONS OF TECHNOLOGY
- The IEEE (the parent organization of the IEEE Computer Society) has a special interest group devoted to the social implications of computer and other technologies. This group is called SSIT (the Society for the Social Implications of Technology.
- IEEE's TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIETY Magazine
- An excellent publication that comes from IEEE SSIT is Technology and Society.
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR ETHICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (INSEIT)
- Another organization devoted to these issues (which an emphasis on ethics).
- National Cyber Security Alliance