- Associate Professor of TESOL
- Ph.D., The University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- M.A., Brigham Young University
- B.A., The University of Belgrade
- Mitchell Hall 233
- Spring 2021 Online Office Hours: Tue/Th. 7:30-9:30 AM, Wed. 10:30-11:30AM, and by
- Second Language (English) Vocabulary Acquisition
- Second Language Reading and Writing
- Applied Corpus Linguistics
- Content-Based Instruction
- Colovic-Markovic, J. (2022). Undertaking TESOL practicum at the Adult ESL Community
Outreach Program: Student Teachers’ Perceived Affordances, Advantages and Disadvantages.
In Chang, P. and Wright W. (Eds), Innovating the TESOL Practicum in Teacher Education: Design, Implementation, and Pedagogy
in an Era of Change, (pp. 99-119). Routledge.
- Colovic-Markovic, J. (2019). “The class changed the way I read”: The effects of explicit
instruction of academic formulas on ESL writers. Applied Language Learning, 29(1&2), 17-51.
- Colovic-Markovic, J. (2018). Tasks for teaching speaking to advanced learners. In
J. Liontas (Ed.), The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching (vol. 3, pp. 1838 – 1846). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Colovic-Markovic, J. (2018). Teaching Relative Clauses. In J. Liontas (Ed.), The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching (vol. 5, pp. 3326 – 3334). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Colovic-Markovic, J. (2018). Teaching Vocabulary for IELTS Advanced. In J. Liontas
(Ed.), The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching (vol. 5, pp. 3397 – 3404). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc
- Colovic-Markovic, J. (2017). “I used them because I had to . . .”: The effects of
explicit instruction of topic-induced word combinations on ESL writers. TESOL International Journal,12, 32-47.
Classes Regularly Taught
- Teaching English Language Learners PK-12 (LAN 382/569)
- Second Language (L2) Vocabulary Learning and Teaching (LAN 588)
- Content-Based Instruction (ENG 611)
- ESL Practicum (ENG 587)
- Structure of Modern English (ENG 575)
- ESL Assessment (ENG 612)
- Curriculum and Materials Development (ENG 576)
- Teaching L2/ESL Reading and Writing (LAN 584)
Read more Faculty Profiles