Registration: Undergraduate Non-Degree Terms & Conditions
Undergraduate Non-Degree Terms & Conditions
All Undergraduate Non-Degree students must agree to the following:
- Enrollment in the non-degree program does not imply admission to the University. To make a request for formal admission into a degree-seeking program, students must apply through the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Students denied formal admission to the institution are eligible to enroll in coursework through the non-degree program, assuming they meet the admission and prerequisite requirements.
- Enrolling as a non-degree student to complete graduation requirements is not permitted. If a former student is looking to complete graduation requirements, they need to contact the Office of Admissions.
- All non-degree students must comply with University policies including academic guidelines, requirements for attendance, class and campus behavior. Students are responsible to follow all dates published on the Academic Calendar.
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive Financial Aid and are responsible to confirm tuition, including all fees, are paid in full at West Chester University.
- Admission into the non-degree program is contingent on meeting the application requirements and supplying supporting documentation. Non-degree applications will not be processed until supporting documentation is received.
- Course registration is dependent on submission of supporting documentation, meeting the minimum prerequisite requirements, course availability and in some cases, departmental approval.
- It is the responsibility of the student to activate their myWCU account, including email, once the student receives their WCU ID number. All communication with University staff and faculty members will be through the student’s West Chester University email account.
- All students are required remain in Good Academic Standing while at West Chester University.
- All grades received will remain on the student’s permanent college transcript. Accordingly, release of those records is bound by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act. Information pertaining to student’s coursework will only be released to the student, not to parents or school officials, unless the student is participating in a program that permits the release of an official transcript to another institution. For more information on this Act, see the WCU Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy.
- The grades earned as a non-degree student will remain on their transcript and will be included in the computation of the cumulative GPA should a non-degree student be accepted into a degree program.
For more information on our non-degree program, please select one of the options listed below.
I have been accepted into a program:
- #WCUAccepted for Undergraduate Admission (upcoming Fall/Spring)
- International Student Exchange Program
- National Student Exchange Program
- Pre-Graduate Certificate Program
I would be considered a student in one of the following groups:
- I have applied for Undergraduate Admission (upcoming Fall/Spring)
- I am a senior citizen (60+)
- I am an international citizen
- I want to take an online class