Hello, New Rams!
If you're a new Golden Ram starting in Fall 2023, we can't wait to welcome you to campus this summer! Scroll down to see our summer orientation dates. Information about registering will be sent to your WCU email in the spring, and details will be added to this site as they are finalized, so check both often for the latest updates!
Feel free to reach out to us at (610) 436-3305 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to meeting you at orientation. Rams Up!
“It seemed like the orientation staff really cared about making our experience amazing, and they made real, intimate conversations with everyone. It made me feel really welcomed as a new student at WCU.”
- 2021 WCU Orientation Participant
Summer 2023 Orientation Information
1. Log into your Admissions Portal
2. Look for the registration button at the top of your status page. It will be placed there as soon as registration opens in the spring.
3. Register for your preferred date.
4. To change your orientation date after you've registered, complete the Change My Orientation Date request form available in your Admissions portal once you register.
NOTE: Since you are logging into your admissions portal to register, use the email address and password you used when you submitted your admissions application to WCU.
Before You Come
Before coming to orientation, be sure to upload an ID photo for your Ram Card. Only students who've uploaded a photo will be able to pick up their ID card at orientation.
The Office of New Student Programs is committed to making orientation accessible to incoming students and their guests. We will do our best to accommodate all accessibility needs. Please reach out to us at email@example.com or (610) 436-3305 to discuss your needs. Please note, the sooner we know about your accommodation needs, the more time we have to prepare. While we will make every effort to meet your needs, we may be unable to assist with accommodation requests received fewer than two weeks before your scheduled orientation and will communicate any progress with you.
The student's lunch in the campus dining hall is included in the program. Guests can purchase a meal ticket to eat in the campus dining hall at orientation, or they are welcome to explore off-campus lunch options in the Borough of West Chester.
We know orientation is an exciting time for the entire family, but due to space limitations, each student is permitted to bring only one guest to orientation. We appreciate your cooperation with this policy in order to ensure a safe and productive orientation day for everyone. Guests and students will attend separate orientation sessions for portions of the day. Guests are expected to follow the University's current Covid guidelines. Parents, guardians, and anyone who supports a Golden Ram are encouraged to sign up for Ram Fam Central to help them stay up to date on the latest news, information and happenings at WCU.
Location & Schedule
Schedule and location information for summer 2023 orientations will be posted soon. Please check back.
New Student Fee
All new students are charged a one-time New Student Fee on their first semester bill. This fee covers the costs associated with all orientation programming. All new students are charged the New Student Fee regardless of their level of participation in orientation programming.
- Thursday, June 22: The Colleges of Arts & Humanities, Education & Social Work, Health Studies, and the Wells School of Music
- Friday, June 23: The College of Business & Public Management, University College (Exploratory Studies/Interdisciplinary
Studies) and the Academic Success Program
- Tuesday, June 27: The College of Science & Mathematics, University College (Exploratory Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies), the Academic Success Program
- Wednesday, June 28: The College of Business & Public Management, University College (Exploratory Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies) and the Academic Success Program
- Thursday, June 29: The College of Science & Mathematics, University College (Exploratory Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies), the Academic Success Program
- Friday, June 30: The Colleges of Arts & Humanities, Education & Social Work, Health Studies, and the
Wells School of Music
- Tuesday, July 11: The College of Business & Public Management, University College (Exploratory Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Wednesday, July 12: The College of Science & Mathematics, University College (Exploratory Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Thursday, July 13: The Colleges of Arts & Humanities, Education & Social Work, Health Studies, and the Wells School of Music
Parking information for summer 2023 orientations is still being confirmed. Please check back.
What to Expect
During orientation, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know your orientation leaders and meet other new Rams. You'll also connect with an advisor from your academic department and hear about the support services WCU offers to help all Golden Rams be successful. You’ll be touring campus too, so wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella if rain is in the forecast!
SUMMER 2023 ORIENTATION DATES
COLLEGES OF ARTS & HUMANITIES, EDUCATION & SOCIAL WORK, HEALTH SCIENCES AND THE WELLS
SCHOOL OF MUSIC
June 22, June 30 or July 13
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & PUBLIC MANAGEMENT
June 23, June 28 or July 11
COLLEGE OF SCIENCES & MATHEMATICS
June 27, June 29, or July 12
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (EXPLORATORY STUDIES/INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES)
June 23, June 27, June 28, June 29, July 11 or July 12
ACADEMIC SUCCESS PROGRAM
June 23, June 27, June 28, or June 29
Here are some links you may find helpful as you prepare for your first semester as a WCU Golden Ram.
West Chester's First: resources for First-Generation College Students