Transportation and Parking Services
Here at West Chester University, we commute with care: however we choose to make our way to and from campus, we do so with an attitude of concern for ourselves, each other, and the environment. We demonstrate this by:
- choosing healthier lifestyles through active modes of transportation like bicycling and walking
- sharing the road, remaining alert, and obeying the laws of traffic, ensuring the safety of everyone
- making the choice to commute by shared modes of transportation like carpooling or public transit
On this website you'll find up-to-date information about campus parking services, carpooling, regional transit, WCU's shuttle bus system (including connections to the community via the Uptown Loop and Exton Shuttle), as well as walking and bicycling opportunities. Please take the time to explore the tabs above; you may be surprised to find a new mode of transit may be possible for you! And regardless of how you choose to commute, commute with care.
Transportation and Parking News
- From April 1 to 20, 2023 WCU launches the sale of discounted SEPTA transit passes for May 2023! In April this pilot program is limited to WCU employees. Stay tuned for news of program expansion later in 2023! See https://www.wcupa.edu/septa/ for more info.
- The Uptown Loop Shuttle Bus service expands this Spring 2023 to include Saturdays!
- New Bicycle Lending Library launches from the Francis Harvey Green Library.
- New Electric Vehicle charging stations have been installed in the Science and Engineering Center parking garage. Look for the six new chargers on the lower level.
- West Chester University continues its partnership with DVRPC (Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission) and TMACC (Transportation Management Association of Chester County) in offering the WCU community access to the digital trip planning and carpool connection platform Share-A-Ride! More details are available on the Carpooling webpage.